We are a group of people who believe our tag line Recognition is Respect Made Visible, and work to create each award, sign or trophy in such a way that the recipient feels recognized and respected.
- This is why we don’t laser metal - it is quick and cheap and it looks it!
- Since we won’t make cheap plaques (lasering them) we worked hard to develop an economical alternative because, budget aside, people deserve to be recognized with respect. This lead to sublimation (design/layout takes as long but production is short)
- This is why we invested in a sand carver - because glass blasted with sand has a depth that catches the light and adds a radiance to the finished product that lasering or rotary engraving can't match.
- This is why we invested in laser technology because - metals aside - it does a superb job on plastics, acrylics, wood, and bricks.
- This is why we have no phone menus - one of us will answer your call 9-5, M-Th EST
This is why we are constantly finding new products and technologies - why we come to work every day is to spread the respect we have for our customers and the people they wish to recognize
Margi Swett and her husband Steve (now retired) bought what was then Vermont Trophy & Engraving in 1996, after years in the corporate world.
They wanted a value added business that would add high value to products with updated equipment and a highly skilled staff. Four years of winning Vermont Best of Business Award for “Best Awards and Promotional Products” is a good sign of how it’s worked out!
Margi is also an engraver
Karen Green joined the staff in 2004 and has worked in sales nearly her whole career.
There is no one more dedicated to serving customers than Karen. She’s also great at finding exactly the right product for each customer and working within their budget to make sure they and their recipients are delighted.
Scott Wood, a Decorated Combat Veteran of the U.S. Army’s 2nd Ranger Battalion, came onboard in 2013.
He has an eye for detail and excellent taste that show in the jobs he designs and creates and knows how to get things done while maintaining our high standards.
Scott excels at scheduling our work to make sure everything is done on time and the load doesn’t get overwhelming.
He is also Usha’s main crush.
Cory Barber signed on in 2014 after time as a business owner and customer service manager.
He is a total professional who loves working with customers and on complicated orders. He is always on top of his customer’s needs and knows our vendors’ lines so well that he is a great resource for picking just the right product or searching for something totally new.
Usha joined the group at only 8 weeks old in September 2013. She loves her job and takes it very seriously and has won the Gold Star Sales Person of the Year award every year (nominating committee and judge is Scott).
When the door bell goes, she heads right out to greet her customers.