We are a group of people who believe our tag line Recognition is Respect Made Visible, and work to create each award, sign or trophy in such a way that the recipient feels recognized and respected.
- This is why we don’t laser metal - it is quick and cheap and it looks it!
- Since we won’t make cheap plaques (lasering them) we worked hard to develop an economical alternative because, budget aside, people deserve to be recognized with respect. This lead to sublimation (design/layout takes as long but production is short)
- This is why we invested in a sand carver - because glass blasted with sand has a depth that catches the light and adds a radiance to the finished product that lasering or rotary engraving can't match.
- This is why we invested in laser technology because - metals aside - it does a superb job on plastics, acrylics, wood, and bricks.
- This is why we have no phone menus - one of us will answer your call 9-5, M-Th EST
This is why we are constantly finding new products and technologies - why we come to work every day is to spread the respect we have for our customers and the people they wish to recognize
Margi Swett and her husband Steve (now retired) bought what was then Vermont Trophy & Engraving in 1996, after years in the corporate world.
They wanted a value added business that would add high value to products with updated equipment and a highly skilled staff. Four years of winning Vermont Best of Business Award for “Best Awards and Promotional Products” is a good sign of how it’s worked out!
Margi is also an engraver
Karen Green joined the staff in 2004 and has worked in sales nearly her whole career.
There is no one more dedicated to serving customers than Karen. She’s also great at finding exactly the right product for each customer and working within their budget to make sure they and their recipients are delighted.
Cory Barber signed on in 2014 after time as a business owner and customer service manager.
He is a total professional who loves working with customers and on complicated orders. He is always on top of his customer’s needs and knows our vendors’ lines so well that he is a great resource for picking just the right product or searching for something totally new.
Christina is our newest staffer and she's picking what we do with amazing skill and speed. She has a background in automotive technology and sales. She and her new husband live on ten acres of woods and farmland and she enjoys animals, the natural world and scary stories. We are very glad to welcome her to VAE!
Nathan Lorraine is our high school-aged help. He is cheerful and ready to do anything asked. He’s quite a package as he’s a volunteer firefighter, traveling team baseball player, good student, fisherman and newly licensed driver and his chocolate lab, Hershey is close friends with Usha. Oh, he also has a lawn mowing company. He is a busy young man
Usha joined the group at only 8 weeks old in September 2013. She loves her job and takes it very seriously and has won the Gold Star Sales Person of the Year award every year (nominating committee and judge is Scott).
When the door bell goes, she heads right out to greet her customers.